Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Discussing the rumors surrounding the casting of A Confederacy of Dunces the other night, KRAK Chief de Cusine Dave Nuzzo opined that this was a novel that he did not believe needed to be made into a book. To the extent that I suspect that commercial realities prevent it from being made into a good movie, I am inclined to agree. Indeed, in view of the fact that John Candy is dead, perhaps more than mere commercial realities are involved here, but I digress. There are a number of works that have no business being movies, or trying to be movies. The French Lieutenant's Woman springs to my mind for some reason, but of course there are many, many more egregious examples. One that is current is The Cat In The Hat. There have not been many poetic works that have made the transition to film, and this, perhaps the first poem that most of us ever knew, most assuredly did not deserve even the television commercials I've seen. I despise literary desecration, and I am sickened by the idea that a friend I have had since before I could read has been treated in this appalling fashion.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?