Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Sunday, November 02, 2003

Since we both like to cook, both A and I enjoy kitchen gadgets. Often, however, the gadgets that A acquires are things that seem, to me, to be things that unnecessarily take up space-- something that is in short supply in any kitchen. The latest such acquisition is a sort of a sieve that occupies half of the sink. I don't know what it is for-- when I asked, she said, "It is for making me happy." It seems an odd appliance for accomplishing that end, and I assume she was being sarcastic. It sits there, effectively preventing the use of the sink for traditional sink activities, and it usually hold fruits or vegetables. From this I conclude that it has two functions in addition to the primary one A described: it makes me unhappy; and it promotes the decay of fruits and vegetables. Why the bin in the refrigerator is no longer sufficient I do not know. The bin always seemed well adapted to this chore in the past. (Perhaps the intention is to give the bin over to wilting celery and growing hair on carrots.) If the sink thing actually does all three things (I can only vouch for two) it is one of the more efficent gadgets A has bought recently. It is certainly better than a hardboiled egg slicer.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?