Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Sunday, February 22, 2004

I just finished watching "Waking Life", a movie EGA has been telling us to see since she saw it immediately after it came to our town. She was right, of course. This is a movie that -- well, let's put it this way: there are movies that immediately become additions to the list of films that you know you will see again and again forever. Almost as soon as this one started I thought, "Huh-- this is sort of like 'My Dinner with Andre". It is, in fact, only like that in the sense that it is a film about extracting meaning from existence-- the two movies have only the fact that they are pretty talky else in common. The other movie it reminded me of, in an odd way, was "Wings of Desire". It is not like that, either. It is a funny thing-- anyone that I know that would probably like "Waking Life" has probably seen it, and anyone that I know that hasn't seen it is probably not very likely to. The visual style of the thing is wonderful, but it drove everyone else from the room; and I have a feeling that it is the kind of film that would leave a lot of people sort of open mouthed and gently snoring. It must have caught me just right, because I'm thinking "Golly, I wonder if we could get Richard Linklater to come and do a screening to benefit Squeaky Wheel the way Keith Fulton is with "Lost In LaMancha"?

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?