Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, December 10, 2004

To Nancy Nuzzo's gig at St. Paul's this afternoon (and a shout out to the other members of the band: Kelley A. Omel, soprano, and Roland Hayes, lute). I know just enough about Renaissance music to be ignorant-- enough, I guess, to find the sackbut jokes in "The Ladykillers" funny. Notwithstanding this gap in my cultural awareness, I found the music this afternoon so beautiful that I lost track of where I was. For a half hour I was in another place, and I walked out feeling refreshed, happy and renewed. The experience was completely unexpected for me-- I'd thought it would be mildly pleasurable, and instead it hit me just right.

Nancy, by the way, really knows her way around her axe. She'd said to be sure to stick around for the last number-- a rule with me anyway. What we got was "What Child Is This" in what I have to believe was an unusual arrangement that allowed the two instrumentalists to stretch out a bit and solo. It really was all that, and very impressive.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?