Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I feel like I discoverd Laura Cantrell, but of course that's not true: EGA did. Nevertheless, I couldn't be happier that she is finding an audence, and William B. Swygart agrees. "Laura Cantrell is something like what happens when it goes right. It’s a marvellous, marvellous thing. One of my fondest memories of listening to John Peel was when he’d play her records, and introduce them by saying “And now, Laura.” Laura has the connection, the sense of familiarity whereby you feel comfortable just talking about her by her first name, just like all the best pop stars. I’d sit and listen and be spellbound, and I could imagine it happening up and down the country too, three minutes of people just sitting and smiling, easing themselves back into their chairs and listening to Laura… hackneyed, maybe, but that’s genuinely how it felt."

Of course you should download "Hong Kong Blues", but don't miss "Churches Off The Interstate", or any of the other songs she is bating the hook with-- I haven't been disapointed with a Laura Cantrell side yet.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?