Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Pazz & Jop is out. There was a time- I guess it was when I was closer to 27 than I was to 50-- when I'd have most of the top 20 or so, and be familiar with pretty much all of it. Now-- well, I think "SMiLE" is pretty terrific, I feel like I discovered Nellie McKay, and, uh, I know who some of the rest are, because EGA has played some for me.

Part of this is that my tastes have shifted somewhat-- I'm more of a jazz listener nowadays. Part of it is that the proliferation of this sort of music has reached the point where you have to be either a critic (or a college station dj) to keep up with it.

Related: Pitchfork picks the top 100 from 2000-2004.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?