Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, February 10, 2005

What this city needs is a place convenient to my office where I can get a decent breakfast pastry. I used to think what I wanted was a prune danish, but I have lowered my expectations: prune danish is obviously unattainable. I cannot fathom why this is such a problem. The Washington Street Market looked like it might be the answer, but although it has decent coffee, it also features the worst scones I have ever had. Spot has good coffee, and good scones, but is out of the way. Besides, I'm not really all that into scones-- they are more like wallboard than breakfast should be. Spot also has a cherry-cheese bearclaw which is okay sometimes-- a little too heavy, and a little too sticky most of the time. Starbucks is useless. Holly Farms has a cherry danish that is sort of like something Pillsbury would make. It's not bad, and it is just the right size, but the coffee at Holly Farms is so bad that it is almost not worth it. The place downstairs is just useless. They may have muffins, but I don't want a muffin. Or, to be more precise, when I want a muffin what I want is a nice toasted corn muffin, with a little grape jelly on the side. They don't have that. They also don't have fresh blueberry muffins, hot from the oven. So I don't want a muffin.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?