Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, May 06, 2005

I don't really use my computer for listening to stuff, but I may have to make an exception for Honest With Me: Musical Stories on Bob Dylan. Is it just me, or has interest in Dylan actually re-ignited? That's the sort of thing a Nexus search would show, I suppose. I'd be willing to bet that the period of time that runs from about "Street Legal" to about "Good As I Been To You" there were probably about as many Dylan mentions in the press as there presently are a month. What is frustrating is that most of the current stories are all the same old stories-- Greenwich Village, "Don't Look Back", Woodstock, blah, blah, blah. What would be interesting would be accounts of what went on during the period when he fell off the map. Musically this time is spotty, at best, but the guy must have been doing something interesting. The little bit I've read from his autobiography makes it pretty clear that he became very jealous of his privacy, but he remained a public figure, and very visible for a long time after that-- I don't think his fade into obscurity was entirely voluntary. He has a birthday coming up, you know-- an important holiday on the Outside Counsel calendar. (Via Metafilter.)

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?