Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I find myself in federal court downstate pretty regularly; usually I fly down for the day. This means that I go through metal detectors, first to get on the plane, then to get into court, then to get back on the plane to come home. In the morning, to get on the plane, I drowsily take off my shoes and jacket. My jacket pockets hold my change, and my iPod, and whatever other metal I have. The let you keep your shoes on at federal court, but you have to empty your pockets, which is a bother.

Yesterday I was struggling with emptying my pockets properly for some reason. The magnetometer beeped, and the Marshall wanded me, locating the source of the problem in my right jacket pocket. I reached in. "Oh, keys," I said, stupidly. "Yeah, I miss those wooden keys myself," said the Marshall. Now imagine that he sounded just like Art Carney as Ed Norton. I laughed to myself about it for the rest of the day.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?