Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Judge Roberts says he thinks of what he does as being like an umpire. Jack Shafer susses out the metaphor. And Justice John Paul Stevens is going to throw out the first ball at the Cubs-Reds game tomorrow. I'm always impressed when I recall that the patron saint of Outside Counsel, Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, was wounded at Antietam, and hung around long enough to be one of the "Nine Old Men" that vexed FDR into attempting his court packing scheme, but how about Stevens being in the stands for Babe Ruth's "Called Shot"? History is short in America, I guess. I think of the Civil War and FDR's time as being as separated as the reign of Charles the Bald and, I don't know, the Industrial Revolution or something.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?