Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, October 27, 2005

"The Last Waltz" showed up at the top of the Netflix que, then in our mailbox. I must have put it on the list over the summer when I was reading the Neil Young bio. Was there ever an ugler bunch of guys? The Dead, I suppose. I'd have to say that I much prefer The Band's music-- in a lot of ways I think that they are the guys who are really writing about the "weird, old America" that Greil Marcus says Dylan is all about.

There's some terrific stuff in the movie-- I don't think I've seen it since I was an undergraduate, and I'd forgotten a lot of it. I'd forgotten how odd looking Joni Mitchell was, and how, on a stage full of people who were full of themselves, Neil Diamond could come off as the guy who was the most full of himself. Cool that Diamond dressed like the Jewish Elvis, too-- everyone else looks like they just got dressed to go down for the paper.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?