Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Right now, in the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of New York-- my favorite federal district court-- there is a big money laundering trial going on in which an issue is the admissabiltiy of the attempted hit on rapper 50 Cent. It sounds like the sort of thing that would be interesting if I was interested in the hip hop scene, but I'm not. Still, the defense argument to preclude evidence of the 50 Cent shooting caught my eye: counsel "compared its possible reception to that of 'a plot to kill Bob Dylan.'" I guess I'd want to know more about the composition of the jury before I could comment one way or another, but I'd have to say that most juries I've seen probably wouldn't know Mr. Cent.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?