Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, April 07, 2006

Patrick Smith's "Ask the Pilot" column in Salon perfectly captures the bled of excitement and tedium that constitutes most travel. I like this week's piece, about airport amenities and the things that make airports less comfortable. I hate the ubiquitous televisions too, and the people who think escalators (and moving walkways) are rides. I also hate that American airports charge for the luggage carts-- I make a point of not carrying change when I travel, so I never have quarters and end up with my stuff draped all over me like a sherpa. Smith doesn't mention the $6 beers, but at least the bar at the JetBlue terminal has decent $6 beer on tap. Actually, the JetBlue terminal, which is, after all, where I spent most of my terminal time, is pretty good. The food is acceptable, the noise level is managable, the distance between gates is minimal, and there is free WiFi.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?