Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, August 10, 2006


I'm never more than a few days away from getting on a plane, so naturally that's what I'll be doing Saturday. JetBlue tells me that I've got to pack all liquid-, lotion- and gel-based products, such as shampoo, toothpaste, suntan lotion and contact lens solution in my checked bags. These items will not be allowed on board the aircraft. BoingBoing (where I also got this swell Samuel L. Jackson graphic) reports that right now in the UK they are "prohibiting all hand-luggage on planes, except for a transparent shopping bag carrying a few permitted items: a couple tampons, baby food (if another passenger is forced to taste it first), glasses without cases (deadly, deadly cases!), contact holders (but no cleaning fluid!), keys (but no electric fobs), and your wallet. You're not allowed to bring on magazines (deadly, deadly magazines!) or books, no laptops, no iPods, no oversized watches (!)...."

CNN says, "it's believed the plotters planned to mix a "British version of Gatorade" with a gel-like substance to make an explosive that they would possibly trigger with an MP3 player or cell phone." Or a key fob, apparently.

This is nuts. I can't get on a plane with my gym bag?

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?