Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

To my disappointment, I will be out of town for this year's Mugel Tax Law Moot Court competition, and cannot act as a judge. It's the easiest, most enjoyable CLE credit out there, it's free, and it's one of the best things that practicing members of our glamor profession can do for the people who aspire to our lofty position. Last year they had a tough time finding enough judges, which was something of an embarrassment-- it's a national competition, and the shortage reflected poorly on my law school and on our local bar as well. Even though I'm no tax jock, the problem was interesting and engaging, and since the point is to evaluate the advocacy skills of the participants not knowing much is almost an asset-- if a team could explain its position to me, I was halfway persuaded.

If you are within the sound of my voice, have been admitted for more than two years and will be in town on the evening of March 1 or March 2 you can sign up by emailing the Moot Court Board at buffalomootcourtboard at gmail dot com.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?