Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

For years I have played a little game with the NYTimes Wedding Announcements page: I had to read them all until I hit the name of an Ivy League school. Most Sundays this meant that I only had to read one or two. Now I find that I have been missing out on the real thrills: what I should have been doing was keeping score. I find Gawker's system cumbersome, but irresistible.

Investment banker: 2
Both Investment bankers: 5
Job involving the word "banker" OR "investment": +1
Both have jobs involving the word "banker" OR "investment": +3
Management Consultant: 1

Parents from New York City or wealthy suburb in Connecticut: 1
New York Times employee: 1
State Department employee: 2
Bride is an elementary school teacher: 1
Works in media: 1
Ivy league graduate: 1 *
Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Oxford, Cambridge, Sorbonne: 2*
Both Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Oxford, Cambridge, Sorbonne: 5*
For each subsequent degree after a B.A.: 1
Ivy league B.A. with graduate degree at low-ranking local
college/university: -1

Bride "is keeping her name", "will continue to use her name professionally": -1
If there is a Jr., II, III or IV in a name: +2
If there is a "von" in a last name: +2

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?