Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, June 11, 2007

Syracuse Friday, Pittsburgh Sunday, and I am writing this in New York waiting for my flight home. (I am being routed through Boston, but airports don't count.) Billy Pilgrim was unstuck in time; I have mused more than once that I am unstuck in space. This in unusual in our glamor profession-- litigators tend to be very local. We were in Pittsburgh, a city where I had never been, to deliver EGA to Carnegie-Mellon University where she is taking a program in logic and epistemology. I had no real mental picture of CMU before this, but it is a pretty fancy campus, and it is a nice opportunity for EGA. As rootless as I feel, like a ghost in a haunted house I am tied to the Empire State-- I am not admitted anywhere else, and wouldn't feel comfortable in a jurisdiction where I couldn't stand up in court. EGA, on the other hand, is liable to be unstuck in a much more meaningful way-- her baggage all fits under her hat, and there is little that ties an academic down until the right spot is lighted upon. We already anticipate that she will spend a stretch in the Antipodes, and, of course, she has already traveled widely in the Orient, like someone in a Graham Green novel.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?