Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, October 12, 2007

Dorris Lessing. I didn't see that coming. If I was guessing women (there have only been 11) I'd have gone with Margaret Atwood, but okay, Lessing. I hope Harold Pinter rang her up and invited her over for a drink.

Someone pointed out that all of the Nobel Prize laureates this year have been European- born.* I wonder when the last time was that it lined up like that. Has it ever? Of course the Nobel Prize is, in some ways, the cover of Newsweek for high culture, but it is interesting that the cultural and scientific influence of the US has diminished to this extent.

*Update: The NYTimes says Lessing was born in Persia.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?