Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, August 29, 2008

I'd been wondering about "vintage" e-mail addresses lately, and now the Observer kindly elucidates the topic for us. I have a Yahoo! account that I use for blogging correspondence, and a gmail account that I use for freelance writing assignments. I have a Yahoo! account that mostly gets spam, but also gets mail from people I need to communicate with. I had an AOL account back in the day, because AOL was one of the best options for getting online when traveling-- I used it all over the world in those dialup days. AOL was the bottom to the totem pole then-- CompuServe or Prodigy were what the serious early adopters used. I had an Altavista account that I used for teaching, but now UB has supplied me with an account that forwards stuff to my main business mailbox. There are probably a couple more orphaned accounts that I can't recall. Lately however I've been seeing AOL addresses being used on letterhead and business cards, and I can't decide if that's retro cool or just hapless. Is it "the default address of McCain-voting Middle Americans sending around cat jokes and emoticons: the online equivalent of wearing mom jeans"?

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?