Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, September 26, 2008

It is difficult or me to imagine McCain being particularly coherent on the intricacies of the "bailout"-- I doubt that he has a very good grasp of the subject, and I suspect that he may well have blown it up as a deliberate ploy to avoid having to discuss it in anything more than soundbite depth.

Actually, I'd like to see anyone discuss this catastrophe in anything more than soundbite depth. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank have always impressed me as honest, hardworking, well-intentioned and intelligent, but they aren't economists. Neither is Dick Shelby, who has never impressed me as possessing any of the traits I just mentioned, except arguably intelligence. Arguably. I'd like some process here. I'd like to see some hearings, and if there is going to be a discussion in a room, I want to be able to watch it. I want it on the record, I want debates, and I want to get the sense that there is some sort of intelligent plan. We all know -- and yes, I'm looking at you, New York's Senate delegation-- what happened the last time you wrote this administration a blank check. Apparently Bush is irrelevant to this process-- whatever plan is settled upon will have to be passed by a veto-proof majority, because the sense I am getting is that the country isn't prepared to just take the Administration's word any more. 'Bout time. It is difficult to imagine a more thorough shambles than what we are looking at.

As for McCain, what we are seeing here, my friends, is a candidate who refuses to lose a war to win the Presidency, but will stop short of little else if that's what it takes. I've never liked his politics, but now we are learning that he is a despicable person as well.

A wants to move to Canada. I've always fancied the Netherlands. Or maybe Finland.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?