Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

To LCA's parent/teacher night the other evening. They say you know you are getting old when cops start looking young, and I think there must be a similar principle at work here: for the first time I was older than all of my kid's teachers. (Maybe not the Music Theory teacher. Hard to say.)

On the whole our kids have had good experiences with their high school teachers. For the most part EGA and CLA had veterans, and the veterans they had were all the sorts of teachers who were there because they wanted to be. High school teachers are a different breed of cat, I think-- I teach because I am interested in the subject, and because I love The Law in Its Majesty. Good high school teachers love high school kids, and love teaching them about stuff that they are interested in. Maybe this is something that you are not aware of, but high school kids are pretty hard to take much of the time, and I am impressed with anyone who can do this job well. I am particularly impressed with teachers fresh out of college themselves who can do it, and it looks like that's what LCA has got.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?