Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This coming fall term I'm going to be teaching a seminar at UB called "Lawyers in Movies". The idea is to "explore the cultural attitudes towards law and lawyers by discussing the way the profession has been portrayed in movies". I have some movies in mind, but I'd also like some suggestions. It's an undergraduate seminar, which means that the students will be younger than what I'm used to, and most of the movies on my list so far are black & white, which I'm told kids today can't see. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to have an exam or two as well, since undergraduates probably require more feedback than law students. Other than "My Cousin Vinny", which is on the list, and is everybody's favorite lawyer movie, what other movies should I include? You can use the comments, or email me at outsidecounsel2001 at yahoo.com.

I just ran down the dates that the eight movies I know I'm using were released and even I'm surprised. 1959,1960,1962,1966,1973,1982, 1992 and 2007. Yea g-ds, are they even talkies? 92 is "Vinnie", of course, ticking "LIKE THIS". Anybody wanna guess the rest?

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?