Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Cory Doctorow makes a good point when he notes that search algorithms are editorial decisions, and I think that this is something that many of us know on at least a subconscious level. When I hear about a new search engine I make a point of trying for a few days, and I'm in the habit of checking back with some I've tried in the past to see what kind of different results I might get. (I can't say that I do this much more than a couple times of year, though. I missed it when Teoma was rebranded.) So I'm not surprised to see that I'm getting traffic from bing. I tried Slate's three-pronged test, and Bing rakes up some different stuff, but I do wonder who is using it to look up "altreuter outside counsel".

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?