Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, October 22, 2009

For a moment I dared to hope. When I heard that Ratzinger was opening up Roman Catholic communion to disaffected Anglicans I thought for a minute that the invitation was to the Anglicans that are cool with shamans who are women or gay. I don't know what I could have been thinking. Naturally what the Church was actually doing was announcing that it is fine with the peculiar bigotries it has been fine with for the last 2000 years or so, and inviting others who feel the same way to come on aboard. Which, of course, is certainly it's prerogative. It is not my place, or the place of anyone else, to tell a religion what its rules should be. It seems to me that this move might have been poor PR, looking for a fight that didn't need to be looked for, but that's none of my business either.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?