Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, December 28, 2009

When I was in 9th Grade my social studies course was something called Asian African History. It was taught by Mr. Butler, who was also, I think, the coach of the freshman football team. I remember thinking that I didn't want to take a class about Asia and Africa, and I remember that within a month it was my favorite subject. The focus of the class was on the history of the Middle East, and it was fascinating stuff, taught by a guy who was a terrific, engaging instructor. I did better in that class than I ever had before in anything, and the stuff I learned has proven more useful in understanding the world scene than anything else I learned in high school. I was reminded of it by this animated map, which depicts the "Imperial History" of the region.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?