Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, March 05, 2010

A few weeks back there was an on-line discussion among the UB law adjuncts about students using laptops in class. Some people were dead set against it, mostly on the grounds that laptops are a distraction and disrespectful, but I think the majority position was that they can be a useful tool, and that distractions are an inevitable part of the classroom setting. I don't recall that it came up in the exchange,for example, but probably most law students have played or at least heard of Gunner BINGO. I was in the useful tool camp, but now I'm wondering. For about a half hour yesterday there was a rumor that Chief Justice Roberts was going to announce that he was stepping down. It got rolling when a site called Radar, which I've never heard of, posted it and it got picked up by some other places, and then it was everywhere, and the then it was retracted. Apparently the story got its start as a hypothetical in a first year criminal law class at Georgetown about the reliability of informant information. Man, a lie gets around the world before the truth can get its boots on. When I think about some of the law school hypotheticals I've heard over the years I have to wonder if the capacity to instantaneously broadcast them might not be a good basis for conducting class in a lead-lined bunker.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?