Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, December 02, 2010

It would take some planning, but I'm thinking that a rock'n'roll road trip to visit the scenes where this art form was invented would be a great thing to do.  I've been to Sun Studio in Memphis, and it was the most electrifying pilgrimage I've ever been on, but I missed American Sound Studio in Memphis-- Elvis cut "Suspicious Minds" there,and "Kentucky Rain".  The Box Tops worked there.  Wouldn't it be cool to go from there to Muscle Shoals? The NYC metro leg would include Electric Lady Studios, and Rudy Van Gelder's studio in Englewood Cliffs. I wonder if the WOR studio where all that great 30's and 40's (and 50's) jazz was recorded is still intact? Follow the Mississippi up to the scene where those Chess sides were made....

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?