Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Sunday, January 02, 2011

As it happens Chuck Berry has been on my mind lately-- along with Miles Davis, who I think was actually from East St. Louis, on the other side of the river, in Illinois-- Berry is a St. Louis native, and we'll be journeying there for the wedding of my first born. In the odd way that my mind works I've been thinking about the place rather than the event.  Needless to say, it is distressing to learn that Berry, the Leibniz of rock and roll, collapsed on stage last night. He's 84, and I hope he's feeling better.

(Who else is from St. Louis that has contributed as much as Miles and Chuck?  T.S. Elliot?  I don't think so-- he was the worst kind of Englishman-- a fake Englishman.  Yogi Berra?  Maybe.  Charles Lindbergh? A Nazi sympathizer. Masters and Johnson belong on the list, and Stan Musial, I suppose. Vincent Price. Ike Turner, absolutely (the Issac Newton of rock and roll). This handy Wikipedia list can't be entirely trusted-- Samuel Clemons wasn't from St. Louis, for example-- but it is a starting place for discussion.)

| Comments:
If you have some time while you're in St. Louis, you should visit the Walk of Fame.

Trivia: three members of the cast of The Office are from St. Louis--Jenna Fischer, Ellie Kemper, and Phyllis Smith.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?