Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, April 21, 2014

A. started listening to the audiobook of The Goldfinch on a trip I wasn't on, but correctly realized
that it would be something I'd enjoy. As a result I came in late, but it is absolutely a novel I will be going back to. I've been thinking about how I experience audiobooks differently from the printed word, and-- a parallel thought, I suppose, about how my smartphone changes the way I read and experience books as well. One way that the smartphone experience enhances my reading is that I can listen to whatever music the characters refer to or listen too. I can bring up photographs of what's being described if it is unfamiliar. I can look up words I don't know, or get a quick background on historical facts whith which I am unfamiliar or vague. It's all at my fingertips.

The Goldfinch is, inter alia about the way we experience art, and someone has created a helpful page which shows all, or mostly all, of the artworks referenced in the novel.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?