Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, October 10, 2014

This just in, Professor David Siegel has died. Professor Seigel's name is associated with New York Practice the way that Lawrence Tribe's is associated with Constitutional Law, or Prosser's is with Torts. My copy of Siegel's New York Practice is the book I keep closest to my desk-- as I write this I can put my hand on it. One of the best things about belonging to the New York State Bar Association has been the subscription to his New York State Law Digest. What made him great was not just the depth and breadth of his command of the law-- it was that his writing was clear, and beautiful, and frequently funny. That's not so easy to do when one is writing about New York's Civil Practice Law and Rules, but Professor Seigel had a deft touch.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?