Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, January 14, 2016

I don't play the lottery. I don't really gamble at all-- I haven't dropped a quarter in a slot the last three times I've been to Las Vegas (where I go because I have meetings there-- the whole place makes me squirm). However, A. asked me to buy a PowerBall ticket so I did, and I have to admit that for two days I found myself lapsing into the sort of wishful reverie that the marks who play lotteries live in all the time. I didn't like it-- it is the same sort of wishful thinking that moves people to believe in hexes and hoodoos and every other kind of supernatural thinking, and it irritated me that I kept having to shake it off. Oh, and I didn't get a single number.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?