Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, September 09, 2017

I've often wondered if Bruce Springsteen knows anything about cars. Specifically, the opening to "Racing in the Streets"-- does the opening mean anything, or is it just gearhead-sounding word salad? I did a quick internet search and came up with this: " If I had a '69 Chevy with a 396 and I had fuelie heads, the 396 would probably be in the car and the heads sitting on a shelf somewhere because they fit the Chevy small block engine (283, 302, 307, 327 or 350) not the big block (396, 427, or 454). That's bugged me every time I've heard the song."

And while we are on the subject, I don't think Bruce Springsteen knows much about being a tough guy, either. "Here, stuff this in your pocket, it'll look like you're carrying a friend," is pathetic. Just get a handgun, "Meeting Across the River" dude. 

Also, did anyone ever say to their girlfriend, "So put on your stockings 'cause the night's getting' cold"? I doubt that. 

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?