Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, October 29, 2018

I'm not exactly sure how long I have been coaching the Buffalo State Moot Court teams, and I don't want to stop and figure it out. A couple three years ago we had a breakthrough tournament: the students were hard-working and bright, and we'd figured out some of the little moot court moves that impress the judges. Last year we fielded two teams, and this year we have three, and this years' group is a delight. Because we have been improving this year we decided to participate in a tune-up invitational tournament at Ohio Wesleyan. I think it is going to make a big difference in our showing at this week's Regional. At OWU we were allowed to shuffle the teams, so that each member got paired with each other member, and I observed all six over the course of the three rounds. The students performed well, and were able to see, first of all, that they can stand in a room with anyone from anywhere, and that their preparation had been solid. (We meet with them once a week for two hours. This group also meets on its own on Thursday nights and for several hours on Sunday.) I think the part I liked best about their performance Saturday is that when it was over they were so giddy and goofy and happy. These students have become a team, and I a super proud of them.   

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?