Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, February 05, 2021

On the history of "Esquire". I never use it, personally. Elinore Klein was always disdainful of pretense in
our glamour profession, and I agree. Even though we are one of the learned professions it is an expression of our democratic ideals to resist titles. I once asked Ms. Klein if I could have a framing allowance for my admission certificates. "Lawyers don't do that," she said. "That's something doctors do." Fair enough, those scrolls are rolled up in a tube in a corner behind a cupboard in my office. I have, however indulged in the the plaque and portrait shown here: if it was good enough for William Nelson Cromwell I reckon it's good enough for me.


| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?