Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, November 27, 2003

EGA was crabby about the race this morning-- crabby, but dutiful. Me, I had a great time, and I hope it wasn't too awful for her. I think I hit the target I'd set for myself, and I enjoyed spending the time with her and with KRAC. Once again, the singlets got the reaction we were looking for-- there were some people who seemed to be wondering how Keith Richards fits into a Thanksgiving theme, but we can leave them to their confusion. Turkey, Wild Turkey-- c'est toujours la même chose. It is just a lovely thing to be walking up to the starting line and draw that sort of double take. Happy Thanksgiving!

Update: My goal was to sneak in at under nine minute mile pace. I figured that was probably about where I was: it was a crowded field, and there was a lot of lateral movement necessary to negotiate the course; and, of course, 8k is long enough that I would expect to see my splits drop of the table. Instead, it felt like I kept a pretty steady pace, maybe even picking it up a tad for the home stretch, after I hit the four mile mark. It felt good the whole way, and I managed 8:31 miles as my reward. I can build on that, I think. Pretty sweet.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?