Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I've been admonished, over in the "Shout Out" section on my songs post, that the list is supposed to be of favorite songs. Thus chastised, I am working on my album list. In the meanwhile, as I ran my errands Saturday, other songs kept coming to mind, in the inevitable way of these things. I suppose for our purposes here, we can describe this list as "Honorable Mention": (11) "For You", Bruce Springsteen. The best Bruce is about that time in our lives when our friends were our world, and we were all hopeless romantics. Everyone has a song by the Boss that speaks to that time better than anything else, and this is mine. (12)"Run Like A Thief", Bonnie Raitt. A song that has nothing to do with anything in my life, ever, that I just love; (13) "Willin'" Linda Rondstat. "I see my pretty Alice in every headlight..."; (14) "Promised Land", Chuck Berry. If I could play an instrument, this is a song I'd like to play. Unless my ax was bagpipes, I suppose; (15) "Brass In Pocket", The Pretenders. The thrill you get when Chrissy says, "Gonna use my fingers" makes you really what to know what happens when she uses her imagination; (16) "Breakdown", Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Before "Misunderstood" was my theme song, this was; (17) "Fortunate Son", Creedence Clearwater Revival. The funny thing about the '60's is that we are still paying for the lessons learned back then-- really, we are still fighting the same culture wars. This song is as true now as it ever was, and maybe more so; (18) "Cindy Tells Me", Brian Eno. A perfect lyric, and whatever that thing is that takes the solo on the way out (Fripp? Is that you?) is the best ever; (19) "Kodachrome", Paul Simon. I was what, 15 maybe 16 when this came out? And I knew it was true then, before I had any reason to. Now that I do, it still is. (20) "I Feel So Good", Richard Thompson. Is this even really my favorite Richard Thompson song? Today it is.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?