Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, December 19, 2003

December 20, 1968. The Greatest Week In Rock'N'Roll History? '[J]ust imagine the mix tape possibilities from that single '69 week. "Come Together," "Whole Lotta Love," "The Weight," "It's Not Unusual," "Green River," "You Can't Always Get What You Want," "Wooden Ships," "Gimme Shelter," "I Can't Get Next to You," "It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)," "Here Comes the Sun," "Evil Ways," "And When I Die," "Bad Moon Rising," "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes," and "Born to Be Wild."

There has been a lot of flack about Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums list being too '60's-centric, and I suppose there is some merit to that claim. (Still a mighty fine list, though.) I am more of a late '70's, Dawn of Punk man myself. I think you can make the case that late '60's rock was already too white, and getting whiter. Even so, I doubt that there is anyone who cares about this music who doesn't have (or didn't have) at least three of the 12/20/69 sides in their collection.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?