Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, January 02, 2004

Eight flat. My average mile split yesterday was eight flat. I'm the first to recognize that this is not a pace that will set the world ablaze, but I'm pretty happy with my progress. 7:44 for the first mile, running easy after a congested start; 15 and change at the deuce, so obviously the wheels fell off after that-- I could feel it happening, but there wasn't much I could do about it. One thing I can do going forward is get off the treadmill and run outside more regularly. I am focusing on splits, rather than overall time, or place in my age group, because splits give me a better picture of where I am right now. I doubt that I'll ever be fast again, but for the moment it looks like I'm on a comeback.

Props to Dave Nuzzo, who ran 7:29 splits, 20th in our age group notwithstanding the gentle cough he alibied himself with at the starting line. And is it possible that John Ferroletto is 50?

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?