Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Thursday, February 26, 2004

I'm actually having the kind of week that I tell people I do this work for. Monday another lawyer and I put on a CLE, which was fun-- the organizers didn't give us much structure, and my co-presenter could have put more effort into his portion, but I felt that the writing I did was pretty solid, and I felt really good about my lecture. Tuesday was an office day, and yesterday I was in court all day on a complex products liability/construction site accident mediation, followed by a reception that evening out at the law school for its mentoring program. Today was the sort of sweet day that all lawyers love-- I went from part to part making appearances on four different cases, schmoozing with other lawyers and chatting with some judges. The best one was the last one, where I was local counsel, the best gig in the world. Everyone is nice to local counsel, even when they are not so nice all the rest of the time. I'm not sure why that is-- local counsel is a vestigial organ, but I love when I get to do it.

If there was some interesting travel involved, it'd be a perfect week. Maybe I'll nip over to Canada just to round things out. Or, maybe I'll do some actual work, and see how that feels.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?