Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Somewhere or other, probably in the previous edition of "Outside Counsel", I have written about the fact that the Netherlands is one of the places in the world where I immediately feel at home. Part of it is the look of the place-- Holland is flat, and smells like the sea, just like my Long Island boyhood. Most of it is the people-- the Dutch are more like New Yorkers than anyone else anywhere in the world. New Amsterdam is deep in New York's DNA. I was stunned when I saw this video of Jan-Peter Balkenende, the Dutch Prime Minister visiting the unelected leader of the free world in the Oval Office. Is it possible to not be embarrassed by Bush? What does it say to the rest of the world when this is how the representative from one of our country's staunchest allies is treated? (Via Ernie.)

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?