Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

It's funny how it goes in our practice: sometimes I go for months without getting near a jury, then all of a sudden, wham! Today is the first time in three weeks that I am not on trial. For most of the last two weeks we've had two trials going: picking a jury in one, then videotaping testimony for another in the evening. We took verdicts in two counties Monday: I was in Clinton, the North Country, and my partner was in Niagara. Yesterday we settled one during jury selection. This lovely hiatus, this blissful oasis in my trial schedule may not last: I submitted an affidavit of engagement on a matter that is supposed to start tomorrow, since I anticipated that yesterday's matter would take three weeks to resolve. I'll find out today if we are going forward. As much as I enjoy trial work, I could use the break.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?