Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

There probably is an act that I'd stand in torrential rain for six hours to see, but neither Ani nor the GooGoo Dolls is that act. The reincarnation of John Coltrane perhaps. Saw the first half hour of Ani's set, liked her fine, but we were soaked to the skin, so split. CLA stayed, and had a great time. I wasn't going to mention it, but the news of Kerry's picking Edwards reminded me that there were Kerry people much in evidence at the show. Of course there would be: if Kerry can't count on Buffalo he has no hope whatsoever, but I thought, as I saw them, that I find Kerry so uninspiring that perhaps his strongest message really is that he is not Bush. Picking Edwards as his running mate may help that by injecting a little excitement into the campaign. There are a lot of ways to think about how this match works. I like the fact that there is a Southerner on the ticket-- Democrats shouldn't concede the South. I like the way Edwards contrasts with Cheney-- one of the major ways the Gore campaign went off the rails was during the VP debate, when Lieberman ended up with chapped lips from kissing up to Cheney. Edwards has got the trial lawyer chops to make the case, and that will help. And I think that Edwards will inject some of the excitement that has been lagging. I am also glad that Kerry didn't screw it up: Gephardt would have been the worst possible choice.

I've said it before: Bush lost the last time. This race is going to be a lot closer than people seem to think.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?