Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A little more Dylanology: WFUV's tribute to "Blood on the Tracks", Hosted by Darren DeVivo:

Hour 1:
"Tangled Up in Blue," Toshi Reagon
"Simple Twist of Fate," Citizen Cope
"You're a Big Girl Now," Ollabelle
"Idiot Wind," Jeffrey Gaines w/Mary Lee Kortes
"You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome," Joan Osborne & John Leventhal
Tara Anderson with perspectives on Blood on the Tracks

Hour 2:
"Call Letter Blues," Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks outtake (The Bootleg Series, volume 2)
"Simple Twist of Fate," instrumental from Alex DeGrassi & Joel Harrison
"Meet Me in the Morning," Marc Anthony Thompson w/Vernon Reid
"Lily Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts," Brandon Ross w/commentary from Wendy Lesser
"If You See Her, Say Hello," Jen Chapin
"Shelter from the Storm," Richard Barone with Julia Kent, Tony Visconti & Buddy Cage
"Buckets of Rain," Jesse Harris
"I Shall Be Released," All

I love this station, which seems to be where all the progressive radio jocks from my youth washed up on shore. Yesterday, for example, I got Brian Ferry doing "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right", Steve Earle's "I Ain't Ever Satisfied", John Hammond on "Heartattack and Vine", "Goin' Down To Laurel", and Richard Thompson's "Read About Love". They were featuring Tori Amos, so I found that I was obliged to switch away from time to time, but by doing so I also got "Little T&A" into the mix. The River just can't stand up to a playlist like that.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?