Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, April 29, 2005

Building a record library. "When it comes to music, classical fans know that there's a certain essential mix: Beethoven, Chopin, Tchaikovsky and so on. Jazz newbies start with Charlie Parker, Miles Davis and Charles Mingus.

But you're into alt-rock. What is this genre's little black dress?. What is alt-rock's must-have chardonnay?" (Part Two is here.)

From a pure rock-crit standpoint, it is hard to argue with these picks, but I wouldn't bother with a good one third of it. Never been a big Bowie fan, for one thing, and the Bowie I do like tends towards the more idiosyncratic-- "Station to Station" say, or "Low". My favorite Bowie is probably "Hunky Dory"-- not really a alt-rock staple, or the foundation of anything much. I've never seen the need for U2, but that's just me-- I'm prepared to admit it as a personal failing.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?