Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Monday, April 11, 2005

Watched CLA in her first Rugby match over the weekend, joined on the sidelines by Jim Jarvis. I have said before that CLA is lovely on the soccer pitch-- her look on the Rugby field is different, but she is still a pleasure to watch. The difference, I suppose, has a great deal to do with the difference between the two sports. The whole thing was a blast to watch, although once the boy's team took the field it was clear that the ladies have a ways to go. They are still learning their positions would be my diagnosis, and they need to find a kicker.

Coincidently my Antipodian sibling found himself next to a rugby game yesterday as well, and I like his description: "As near as I've been able to tell, rugby consists of passing the ball backwards while running forward until such time as there's either no one to pass to or a hole opens in the opposition line or the one with the ball believes he's going to be able to charge through the other players whether they get out of the way or not."

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?