Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Because I have declared Kathleen Edwards' "Back To Me" the Official Hit Single of Outside Counsel's Summer '05 I figured I ought to check out the CD. (I typed "album" just then, but you kids wouldn't have understood what I meant.) You know how, when you are listening to a Lucinda Williams side you sometimes think to yourself, "Gosh Lucinda, why don't you stop hanging around with such losers?". I am here to tell you that Kathleen Edwards friends make Lucinda's look like your grandmother's garden club. Since I don't see a tattoo on her neck, I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that Ms. Edwards is adopting a persona in some of these songs, but you could tell me otherwise, and I'd believe you. Chicks that say stuff like "Maybe twenty years in state will change your mind" are scary chicks. If you are in a bar and you overhear a conversation like that, you are in the wrong bar. Pay for your beer and get out-- the evening will only get uglier.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?