Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

There is no question that Dylan has grown less prolific over the years: the question has really always been, what's he got in the can that we don't know about? The answer seems to be "live recordings". Four in the last ten years, plus a greatest hits collection. I went for "Live 1966", although I concur with those who objected to its being released as a two disk set-- I love the electric stuff, and may never play the accustic disk again. I went for "Live 1975" with no regrets-- I saw that tour and am pleased to own the document. I said when it was released that the only reason I'd want "Live 1964" was for the liner notes. I stand by that. In all, I have quite a bit more live Bob Dylan than anybody needs-- but I know what I want, and I want "Bob Dylan: Live at the Gaslight 1962". Cagey old Bob-- first a commercial for Victoria's Secret, now a Starbucks CD. Is there anything he won't sink to? Mick Jagger is gnashing his teeth wishing he'd thought of this stuff.

It'd be nice if the two CD soundtrack for Martin Scorsese's "No Direction Home" had something we haven't heard. How likely is that?

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?