Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Saturday, July 09, 2005

I've been of a mind to make shrimp Rémoulade for some time now, but the recipes are all over the map-- this has the look of a dish that a lot of ladies made in the 50's, with ingredients that include french dressing (you know, the orange kind), and I don't know what all else. This one looks like it would be good, but I'll have to make it when A is off on a cross-country crime spree or something-- if I served it over eggplant it would have pretty much everything she won't eat.

Classic New Orleans Remoulade Sauce:
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
1/2 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
3 tablespoons Creole or other whole-grain mustard
3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

I think I'd add some minced capers, too.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?