Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Friday, September 02, 2005

Bruce Eaton's Microsoft Art of Jazz Series at the Albright-Knox is the essential entertainment/cultural event in our life. Every year I tell people, every year there is great stuff-- and usually something extraordinary. This last year was exceptional: I'd have to say that Guinga-- a guy nobody I know had ever heard of-- was the highlight, but Matt Wilson was terrific-- so good that I went to his workshop the following afternoon; Luciana Souza was transporting; and Barry Harris was marvelous. Any of them would have been worth the series to have seen, and I missed Jim Hall. This year's line up combines, as usual, people I have heard of and always wanted to see, and people I have never heard of, and can't wait to see: Toshiko Akiyoshi Trio Sunday, October 16, 2005, 3 P.M.; Steve Turre, Sunday, November 13, 2005, 3 P.M.; Maria Schneider Orchestra, Sunday, January 29, 2006, 3 P.M. and 7 P.M.;The Dewey Redman Quartet, Sunday, March 12, 2006, 3 P.M.; and Judy Carmichael with Randy Sandke, Sunday, May 7, 2006, 3 P.M..

Trust me, you should sign on for this. We've been going since it started, and have never been disappointed.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?