Super Lawyers
William C. Altreuter
visit superlawyers.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

EGA writes: "It was hard to leave Luguhu, it really was. 'Life is made up of meetings and partings; that is the way of it,' I said to myself in the car, trying not to cry. "That's awfully good - what is that from?" A brief rummage through the filing cabinets of my mind revealed that I was comforting myself with quotes from Kermit the Frog in the Muppet Christmas Carol. I'm okay with that, though." The entire post is terrific, as usual. In Slate today Emily Yoffe writes about being a parent and observes, "It all goes so fast. When our daughter turned 6, my husband and I realized with a pang that we were already one-third of the way through the time she would live with us." Having EGA in China these past months has underscored this notion for me in ways that I could not have imagined, perhaps because it is so difficult for me to imagine what her life must be like from moment to moment where she is. I'm sure none of us would have imagined that she would find a moment of trancendent happiness in rural China-- who would have even thought to look in a place like that? Still, that's how being happy often is: it creeps up on you.

| Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?